Who You Are:
Do you want to be a part of the next-level discovery team to test “moonshots” in genetic disease at BridgeBio? We seek an entrepreneurial Lead Scientist to work on these high-risk, high-reward programs within a culture that celebrates failures, as long as they were scientifically rigorous and conclusive. The projects within this team need someone with strong expertise in science, deep knowledge in cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, and expertise in cutting-edge techniques in sequencing, microscopy, iPSCs, structural biology, etc.
You will lead discovery and development assays for some of the most challenging and high-impact genetic diseases and bring our early discovery, preclinical programs to the next level. Suppose you have expertise in developing and optimizing various biophysical, biochemical, molecular, and cellular assays. We want to be on the ground floor as we build this internal capability at BridgeBio. In that case, we want to hear from you.
About BridgeBioX and BridgeBio Pharma
Leveraging extensive inherited disease experience and an established drug development infrastructure, BridgeBio recently formed a discovery research group called BridgeBioX. The vision of BridgeBioX is to use cutting-edge biology to develop breakthrough medicines in genetic diseases with high unmet needs across multiple therapeutic areas including oncology, neurology, pulmonology, and cardiology. BridgeBioX is building out lab space on the Stanford Life Sciences campus to create a hybrid industry-academic environment where scientists from the top labs around the world can collaborate with senior BridgeBio leadership and advisors.
BridgeBio is a biopharmaceutical company founded to discover, create, test, and deliver transformative medicines to treat patients who suffer from genetic diseases and cancers with clear genetic drivers. We bridge the gap between remarkable advancements in genetic science in academic institutions and the delivery of meaningful medicines to patients. Founded in 2015, the company has built a portfolio of 30+ drug development programs ranging from preclinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, precision oncology, cardiology, endocrinology, neurology, pulmonology, and renal disease, with two approved drugs.
Our focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aims to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have U.S. offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, with small satellites in other parts of the country. We also have international offices in Montreal, Canada, and Zug, Switzerland, and are expanding across Europe.
To learn more about our story and company culture, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
- Drive basic research towards the clinic at warp speed
- Independently design, execute and analyze experiments within our top-notch laboratory
- Communicate findings and implications to senior leadership and team members
- Help drive overall preclinical strategy
- Collaborate with the business development team to assess and understand a variety of cardiovascular diseases
- Use a variety of biochemical, cellular, genetic, and pharmacological techniques to advance multiple candidates from discovery research to clinical development
- Patient Champions, who put patients first and uphold strict ethical standards
- Entrepreneurial Operators, who drive towards practical solutions and have an ownership mindset
- Truth Seekers, who are detailed, rational, and humble problem solvers
- Individuals Who Inspire Excellence in themselves and those around them
- High-quality executors, who execute against goals and milestones with quality, precision, and speed
No matter your role at BridgeBio, successful team members are:
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Ph.D., or Ph.D./MD degree and expertise in a relevant scientific field (e.g., cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, chemical biology)
- 2+ years of postdoctoral experience in a relevant research field
- Demonstrated record of achievement as evidenced by first-author publications in top tier journals, grants, scholarships, or awards
- Strong experience working with induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) (generation and validation, maintenance, and differentiation), differentiated subtypes, or primary cells
- Experience with CRISPR cell line engineering is preferred
- Experience with engineered heart tissues (EHT) is a plus.
- Experience in cardiovascular genetics, functional cardiomyocyte assays (contractility, calcium transient), and disease modeling
- Experience with a wide range of biophysical, biochemical, molecular, and cellular biology techniques, functional assay development, immunohistochemistry (IHC), ELISA, Western blot, high content imaging, qPCR, RT-PCR, and RNA-seq
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate to hear directly from individuals living with the conditions we are seeking to impact throughout the year and learn how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first, think independently, be radically transparent, every minute counts, and let the science speak
- An unyielding commitment to always putting patients first. Learn more about how we do this here
- A de-centralized model that enables our program teams to focus on advancing science and helping patients. Our affiliate structure is designed to eliminate bureaucracy and put decision-making power in the hands of those closest to the science
- A place where you own the vision – both for your program and your own career path
- A collaborative, fast-paced, data-driven environment where we inspire ourselves and each other to always perform at the top of our game
- Access to learning and development resources to help you get in the best professional shape of your life
- Robust and market competitive compensation & benefits package (Base, Performance Bonus, Equity, health, welfare & retirement programs)
- Flexible PTO
- Rapid career advancement for strong performers
- Potential ability to work on multiple BridgeBio Pharma programs across multiple therapeutic areas over time
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.