About BridgeBioX and BridgeBio Pharma
Leveraging extensive inherited disease experience and an established drug development infrastructure, BridgeBio recently formed a discovery research group called BridgeBioX. The vision of BridgeBioX is to use cutting-edge biology to develop breakthrough medicines in genetic diseases with high unmet needs across multiple therapeutic areas including oncology, neurology, pulmonology, and cardiology. BridgeBioX is building out lab space on the Stanford Life Sciences campus to create a hybrid industry-academic environment where scientists from the top labs around the world can collaborate with senior BridgeBio leadership and advisors.
BridgeBio is a biopharmaceutical company founded to discover, create, test, and deliver transformative medicines to treat patients who suffer from genetic diseases and cancers with clear genetic drivers. We bridge the gap between remarkable advancements in genetic science in academic institutions and the delivery of meaningful medicines to patients. Founded in 2015, the company has built a portfolio of 30+ drug development programs ranging from preclinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, precision oncology, cardiology, endocrinology, neurology, pulmonology, and renal disease, with two approved drugs.
Our focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aims to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have U.S. offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, with small satellites in other parts of the country. We also have international offices in Montreal, Canada, and Zug, Switzerland, and are expanding across Europe.
To learn more about our story and company culture, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are:
We seek an entrepreneurial BD & Ops leader to lead the next-level discovery team to test “moonshots” in genetic disease at BridgeBio. This is a unique opportunity to combine your solid scientific background with conceptual problem-solving skills. You will build and lead early-stage initiatives that tackle some of the most challenging and high-impact genetic diseases and help bring our early discovery, preclinical programs to the next level.
You will own & shape scientific, operational, and external-facing facets of value-driving subsidiaries, including the business plan, scientific plan, strategy, budget, and more. A keen understanding of molecular biology and willingness to interpret & question scientific strategy will be vital. Other responsibilities will include competitive intelligence, financial modeling, leading team meetings, and managing academic and industry relationships. You will be relied upon to be a detailed and rational problem-solver who thinks independently, improvises, and inspires excellence.
- Set, prioritize and manage milestones & deliverables for team members in one or more subsidiary companies
- Coordinate team meetings and delegate to technical experts in one or more subsidiary companies
- Interpret, collate, and communicate critical data findings in a concise manner to senior management
- Ability & desire to identify problems, locate the resources and find data-driven solutions independent of supervision
- Patient Champions, who put patients first and uphold strict ethical standards
- Entrepreneurial Operators, who drive towards practical solutions and have an ownership mindset
- Truth Seekers, who are detailed, rational, and humble problem solvers
- Individuals Who Inspire Excellence in themselves and those around them
- High-quality executors, who execute against goals and milestones with quality, precision, and speed
No matter your role at BridgeBio, successful team members are:
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Ph.D. from top tier academic institutions or scientific undergrad with commensurate work experience
- Operating/Program management experience working with a close-knit team at a biotech startup or top tier pharma
- Management Consulting or Banking experience from leading tier firm
- You are patient-driven - Everything we do impacts the life of a
- You have a detailed curiosity for science - (you devour journals
- for breakfast)
- You have demonstrated the ability to thrive in an intense
- environment - whatever your background, you are pressure tested.
- You are a master ‘improvisor” - so much of the drug development
- the world is unpredictable; you must be comfortable with a large degree
- of ambiguity
- You have the confidence to chart your own course - you can
- identify problems, locate the resources, and find data-driven
- solutions independent of supervision
- Unrivaled sense of urgency - like our unique drug development
- processes, our employees need to optimize for speed
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate to hear directly from individuals living with the conditions we are seeking to impact throughout the year and learn how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first, think independently, be radically transparent, every minute counts, and let the science speak
- An unyielding commitment to always putting patients first. Learn more about how we do this here
- A de-centralized model that enables our program teams to focus on advancing science and helping patients. Our affiliate structure is designed to eliminate bureaucracy and put decision-making power in the hands of those closest to the science
- A place where you own the vision – both for your program and your own career path
- A collaborative, fast-paced, data-driven environment where we inspire ourselves and each other to always perform at the top of our game
- Access to learning and development resources to help you get in the best professional shape of your life
- Robust and market competitive compensation & benefits package (Base, Performance Bonus, Equity, health, welfare & retirement programs)
- Flexible PTO
- Rapid career advancement for strong performers
- Potential ability to work on multiple BridgeBio Pharma programs across multiple therapeutic areas over time
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.