BridgeBio is a biopharmaceutical company founded to discover, create, test, and deliver transformative medicines to treat patients who suffer from genetic diseases and cancers with clear genetic drivers. We bridge the gap between remarkable advancements in genetic science in academic institutions and the delivery of meaningful medicines to patients. Founded in 2015, the company has built a portfolio of 30+ drug development programs ranging from preclinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, precision oncology, cardiology, endocrinology, neurology, pulmonology, and renal disease, with two approved drugs.
Our focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aim to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have U.S. offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, with small satellites in other parts of the country. We also have international offices in Montreal, Canada, and Zug, Switzerland, and are expanding across Europe.
To learn more about our story and company culture, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are:
We seek an entrepreneurial corporate strategy and operations leader to lead our mission to accelerate drug development globally, particularly in China. This is a unique opportunity to combine your solid scientific background with conceptual problem-solving skills. You will help charter the path of our overall activities in China, accelerate existing clinical and upcoming commercial activities, and help bring the overall company to the next level with a broad global presence.
Across all topics related to China, you will own & shape strategic, operational, and external-facing facets of value-driving subsidiaries, including the business plan, scientific plan, strategy, budget, and more. A keen understanding of the scientific rationale, unmet medical needs, and willingness to interpret & question development and commercial design will be vital. Other responsibilities will include competitive intelligence, financial modeling, leading team meetings, and managing partnerships. You will be relied upon to be a detailed and rational problem-solver who thinks independently, improvises, and inspires excellence.
- Drive clinical, regulatory, and commercialization strategy, innovation, prioritization, pre-launch readiness, and resource optimization in the Asia Pacific across the BridgeBio portfolio
- Identify, and evaluate together with the broader diligence team on inbound and outbound business development opportunities
- Manage existing partnerships in China
- Ability & desire to identify problems, locate the resources and find data-driven solutions independent of supervision
- Patient Champions, who put patients first and uphold strict ethical standards
- Entrepreneurial Operators, who drive towards practical solutions and have an ownership mindset
- Truth Seekers, who are detailed, rational, and humble problem solvers
- Individuals Who Inspire Excellence in themselves and those around them
- High-quality executors, who execute against goals and milestones with quality, precision, and speed
No matter your role at BridgeBio, successful team members are:
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- M.D., Ph.D. in life sciences or significant life science exposure through academic experience
- Native speaker of Mandarin, preferably with prior education or working experience in China
- Operating/Program management experience working with a close-knit team at a biotech startup or top tier pharma
- Exposure to healthcare and pharmaceuticals industry in China, through Management Consulting or Banking experience from top tier firm or with leading pharma and biotechs with international exposure
- You are patient-driven – Everything we do impacts the life of a patient
- You have demonstrated the ability to thrive in an intense environment – whatever your background, you are pressure tested.
- You have the confidence to chart your course – you can identify problems, locate the resources, and find data-driven solutions independent of supervision
- Unrivaled sense of urgency – like our unique drug development processes, our employees need to optimize for speed
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate to hear directly from individuals living with the conditions we are seeking to impact throughout the year and learn how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first, think independently, be radically transparent, every minute counts, and let the science speak
- An unyielding commitment to always putting patients first. Learn more about how we do this here
- A de-centralized model that enables our program teams to focus on advancing science and helping patients. Our affiliate structure is designed to eliminate bureaucracy and put decision-making power in the hands of those closest to the science
- A place where you own the vision – both for your program and your own career path
- A collaborative, fast-paced, data-driven environment where we inspire ourselves and each other to always perform at the top of our game
- Access to learning and development resources to help you get in the best professional shape of your life
- Robust and market competitive compensation & benefits package (Base, Performance Bonus, Equity, health, welfare & retirement programs)
- Flexible PTO
- Rapid career advancement for strong performers
- Potential ability to work on multiple BridgeBio Pharma programs across multiple therapeutic areas over time
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.